Drupal continues to move forward, adding in more features, more power, higher performance, and lots of other new goodies. Drupal 8 in particular is bringing a lot to the table, and a whole new world of web development.
Unfortunately it's also big, and has a lot of new requirements for web hosting which may make it difficult to host your D8 site on a lot of hosting services, particularly if you want to host in a shared hosting environment.
We're working on a solution for that, and are offering a shared hosting environment guaranteed to work with Drupal 8. The D8 package is much like our previous half-acre hosting setup, but includes more:
- Choice of PHP 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, or 7.0 - your choice on every site, or even by directory. We recommend 5.6 currently as many Drupal contrib modules may have trouble with 7.0 (and we REALLY recommend not going with 7.0 if you're on Drupal 7).
- MariaDB 5.5
- One-click Drupal 8 installer
- CentOS 7.2 operating system
- 20 Gbytes of storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 6 MySQL databases
- Up to 4 real domains and up to 20 aliases
- Up to 100 email accounts
- php.ini per site under your control - with up to 256 meg php instances
- Drush, Composer, and Git all available on the server
- ssh login to server and scp file access
- Virtualmin Pro control panel
- Free optimized Cloudflare (optional)
This is a work in progress - we are working to make this the best shared hosting environment for Drupal developers, and we'd like to enlist your help. For a limited time we are offering one free month of this service, and you can sign up by going to https://billing.cruiskeenconsulting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36 and entering the discount code D8testing at checkout (you need to sign up for monthly billing). No contract, cancel any time.
Help us polish our D8 hosting service and get a free month of hosting to boot ---